Steel road plates are also steel trench plates or steel road crossings, which are large, durable metal plates used to cover excavations, trenches, or temporary holes in roadways, driveways, sidewalks, or other paved surfaces. They provide a temporary stable surface for vehicular or pedestrian traffic to pass over safely.
Steel road plates are made of high-strength steel to withstand heavy loads and resist bending or deformation. It is available in different sizes and thicknesses, depending on the intended application and load requirements. Look for steel road plate hire services to meet your requirements.
The use of steel road plate
These plates are used in construction, utility repairs, or other situations where temporary access is needed over a dug-up area. They offer a solution for maintaining traffic flow and protecting pedestrians and vehicles from potential hazards associated with open excavations.
Steel road plates are secured using bolts, chains, or other fastening mechanisms to prevent movement or displacement.
Steel road plates are temporary solutions and should not be considered permanent road surfaces. They are typically used until the excavation or repair work is completed, at which point they are removed, and the road is restored to its original condition.
Why hire Steel road
Steel road plates are hired or rented for various reasons in construction and infrastructure projects. Here are some of the common reasons for hiring steel road plates:
- Safety. Steel road plates provide a safe and stable surface for vehicles and pedestrians to traverse over excavations or temporary openings on roadways. Covering these openings, they help prevent accidents, injuries, or damage to vehicles.
- Traffic management. During construction or repair work, it’s crucial to maintain traffic flow and minimize disruptions. Steel road plates allow traffic to continue moving smoothly while the work is done. It provides a temporary solution to keep roads accessible and minimize the impact on transportation.
- Compliance. In many jurisdictions, regulations and safety standards must be followed when working on or near roadways. Using steel road plates can help construction companies comply with these regulations and ensure the safety of workers and the public.
- Versatility. Steel road plates can be used in a wide range of applications. They can cover excavations, trenches, or utility repairs, providing a temporary bridge for vehicles and pedestrians. They are also suitable for temporary access over uneven surfaces or areas with poor ground conditions.
- Durability. Steel road plates are made of robust materials that can withstand heavy loads, making them suitable for various construction equipment and vehicles. They are designed to resist bending or deformation, ensuring their stability and reliability.
- Cost-effective. Renting steel road plates is often more cost-effective than purchasing them, especially for projects that require temporary access or coverings. Renting allows construction companies to use the plates, eliminating the need for long-term storage and maintenance.
When hiring steel road plates, consider the specific project requirements, such as load capacity, size, and thickness.